Please take a moment to read about how to prepare and care for your Go Off-Road Armor Tech system.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened). (Approximate curing times: paint—90 days; clear coat—60 days; wax—7 days; ceramic coating—per manufacturer instructions.)
- Clean the vehicle surface with a non-wax automotive soap/water and make sure the magnet side of the panels is clean.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
Removing armor from the shipping sheet
- The armor is shipped in the full sheet to protect it during shipping. Each piece is cut 95% through to hold it in place, but it is cut. Pinch an edge of an armor shape and you will see the cut. Push your finger through the back of the sheet along the edge of a shape and you will see it pops through. Once you have started the removal, simply run your finger along the cut line and the piece will easily peel out.
- Do NOT fold, crease, or rip the armor out fast.
Applying Flexible Magnet
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (badges, clear bra, molding, decals, pin striping, panel gaps etc.), or concave areas. There must be NO air pockets or overhangs. **BE ESPECIALLY AWARE TO NOT HAVE THE ARMOR HANGING OVER ANY TRUCK PANEL EDGES. THE AIR FLOW WILL GRAB IT AND IT WILL FLY OFF**
- The magnet itself should be at a room temperature of 60°F (16°C) or above when installed to achieve best results.
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Lift at sides and not at corners to remove. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- NO AUTOMATIC CAR WASHES.
- Do NOT use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C) or temperatures below -15°F (-26°C).
- When operating in extreme heat (like the desert in the summer), be extremely careful. Dark colored vehicles, especially on the fenders (with the engine heat coupled with solar heat) can have surface temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C). It is especially important to remove the material daily when operating in extreme heat.
- Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle so use caution when handling.
- Cold weather application - Armor panels are vinyl and magnetic sheeting and will be stiff in colder temperatures. The armor has to be warmed up and the surface of the vehicle needs to be warmed as well for cold weather application. Failure to relax the material to the vehicle may lead to fly offs when driving. Once the armor is warm, applied and verified firmly in contact with the truck body, then the cold won't affect the performance once driving.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Do NOT use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding, and repainted surfaces.
- This product will not work on aluminum and plastic surfaces.
- REMOVE WEEKLY – Furthermore, if temperatures exceed 90 degrees, it is recommended you remove after each off-road use. This is NOT a wrap alternative and is NOT to be left on semi-permanently.
- WATER CROSSINGS – Wade through deep water and puddles at a slow speed. High speed impacts drive water under the magnets and may result in loss of a panel at that time of the impact or later when you have the vehicle at highway speeds.
- Highway safe and proven – but….you’re not driving a Ferrari, keep the speeds below 80mph. Your mpg will thank you too.
Cleaning Flexible Magnet
- Remove the magnets at regular intervals. This is especially important in high heat environments.
- Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry.
- With heavy off-road use, especially in wet conditions, some silt may work its way in around the edges. This will not result in any adhesion issues, nor will it scratch the paint. When cleaning the truck, rinse all loose dirt and sand off with a regular hose sprayer first. After the debris is off, then pull the magnet panels straight off the truck. DO NOT DRAG them off.
- Lay a towel or mat down on the concrete to clean each panel. It is not recommended you put them directly on the rough concrete. This can cause small bits of rock and sand to be embedded in the material and subsequently between the paint and the magnet when reapplied.
Storing Flexible Magnet
- Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
- IF you must store rolled up – Use an 8” PVC tube, roll the armor up print side out and use a 4” core PVC tube inside the rolled up armor to prevent flattening. Store the tube on it’s side. Storing the armor on it’s edges will create buckling on the material edges and ruin the armor.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email – email@example.com
Thank you so much for purchasing our product!
30 day replacement policy on manufacturing defects
1-year warranty on the material.
All magnetic armor is made to order. All sales are FINAL.