Please take a moment to read about how to prepare and care for your Go Off-Road Armor Tech system.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened).
- Clean the vehicle surface with a non-wax automotive soap and make sure the magnet side of the panels is clean.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
- DO NOT WAX THE VEHICLE and then immediately apply armor panels. Wax coatings need to cure.
(Approximate curing times: paint—90 days; clear coat—60 days; wax—5 days.)
Removing armor from the shipping sheet
- The armor is shipped in the full sheet to protect it during shipping. Each piece is cut 95% through to hold it in place, but it is cut. Pinch an edge of an armor shape and you will see the cut. Push your finger through the back of the sheet along the edge of a shape and you will see it pops through. Once you have started the removal, simply run your finger along the cut line and the piece will easily peel out.
- Do NOT fold, crease, or rip the armor out fast.
Applying Flexible Magnet
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (clear bra, molding, decals, pin striping, panel gaps etc.), or concave areas. There must be NO air pockets or overhangs.
- The magnet itself should be at a room temperature of 60°F (16°C) or above when installed to achieve best results.
- Do not apply magnet that has been curled with the magnet side out. The magnet may not attach properly to the metallic surface resulting in lifted corners or air gaps, which will weaken its holding strength.
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Lift at sides and not at corners to remove. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength.
- Do NOT use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods), temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C) or temperatures below -15°F (-26°C).
- When operating in extreme heat (like the desert in the summer), be extremely careful. Dark colored vehicles, especially on the fenders (with the engine heat coupled with solar heat) can have surface temperatures exceeding 160°F (71°C). It is especially important to remove the material daily when operating in extreme heat.
- Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle so use caution when handling.
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Do NOT use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding, and repainted surfaces.
- This product will not work on aluminum and plastic surfaces.
- Cleaning Flexible Magnet
- Remove the magnets at regular intervals. This is especially important in high heat environments.
- Clean both the magnet and metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with a soft cloth or allow to air-dry.
- With heavy off-road use, especially in wet conditions, some silt may work its way in around the edges. This will not result in any adhesion issues, nor will it scratch the paint. When cleaning the truck, rinse all loose dirt and sand off with a regular hose sprayer first. After the debris is off, then pull the magnet panels straight off the truck. DO NOT DRAG them off.
- Lay a towel or mat down on the concrete to clean each panel. It is not recommended you put them directly on the rough concrete. This can cause small bits of rock and sand to be embedded in the material and subsequently between the paint and the magnet when reapplied.
Storing Flexible Magnet
- Stack flat magnet on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us (Contact Us link)
30 day Replacement policy for manufacturing defects.
All magnetic armor is custom made to order. All sales are FINAL.